Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Introduction



Name: Brian David Eoff

Year: PhD 3rd

Email: firstname.lastname@gmail.com

Academic Interest: User Interface, HCI, IR, Semantic Web, Personal Information Management,Ubiquitous Computing, Information Discovery

Relevant Experience: Hammond's HCI class, Choe's AI class, Worked with LADDER and GUILD before.

Why Are You Taking This Course: To explore an alternate way for people to interact with computers.

What do you hope to gain?: Be exposed to new ideas and paradigms of interaction, to stimulate thought about how a user interacts with a machine, and trying to make that process more natural.

What do you think you will be doing in 5 years? Finished Ph.D or fled academia and started a small company with friends.

What do you think you will be doing in 10 years? Living in Seward, Alaska. In a compound. Preparing a small revolutionary army.

What are your non-academic interests? Reading, Basketball, Swimming, Sleeping.

Tell a fun story about yourself: As a young boy I really wanted to be a soldier (GI Joe hooked me hard). For some reason I associated the word "Vietnam" with being a soldier. At a dinner party one of my parent's friends asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I responded I wanted to be Vietnam. They laughed. And I never became a soldier.

No comments: